Teaneer White Tea
25Grams - Silver Needle buds entirely shade dried
₹ 550.00 / Piece
Available Qty. 10 Piece
Category Farm Produces Others
Seller Vijayalakshmi Natural Farms
Added On 04-Apr-2018
Updated On 13-May-2018
As per quality production standards White Tea, is the minimally processed variety of tea where the very high quality tender leaves are simply dried until the moisture reduces upto 4% or lesss and could be packed.
Teaneer Shining Arrows White teas is just one notch above all the other varieties in that its of the grade which in the industry jargon termed the Silver Needle, which entirely consist of unopened apical buds which will have a very fine coat of downy white hairs (Thus the name white tea) . Given its very delicate constitution Teaneer Shining Arrows is completely shade dried until 10% moisture and gets a final sundrying before packing. Each batch carries with it its own distinct characteristics of flowery notes in the orchard, the soil humus as well as the season specific taste and smell imparted by the salubrious Nilgiri weather. This is a high altitude garden situated about 6600 to 7200 feet.
- As teaneer Shining Arrows consist only of the buds the catechin and EGCG contents are very high in this tea. However this tea contains higher caffeine also compared to the other teas.
- Theanine is a unique component in its natual form found only in Tea. Theanine is a natural stress reliever and a caffeine regulator. Due to its combined effects with caffeine it provides you a with wakeful alertness for a long time in times of high stress work.
- Teaneer Shining Arrows is a very mild and delicate tea which does not have much colour in the brewed tea. This tea is also very ideal for making iced teas due to its delicate taste. Compared to other teas this tea should be brewed with a much lesser water temperature.
Tea brewing is a very individualistic experience, there is tea to everyones palete and we encourage you to explore your unique brew by varying the temperature and timings, however the below guidelines can get you started if you are new to teaneer.
- Teaneer is as good as the water you use to brew, soft water without any added chlorine
- Bring water to an initial bubble boil on a stove and immediately stop (approx 75 Celcius / 165 Fahrenheit) and allow it to cool ( approx 60 Celcius / 140 Fahrenheit)
- In a brewing vessel take about 3 grams of teaneer shining arrows leaves and spread it on the bottom.
- Pour the hot water prepared earlier over the leaves and allow it to steep for 3 Minutes
- Strain the brewed tea onto serving cups or other container (Completely drain the water in the brewer)
- After the first brew the teaneer leaves has just opened up and it can be brewed a couple more times with adding water with the same temperature as initially used in your first brew. Due to its concentrated and much gradual brewing characteristics you can achieve many more additional brews than other teas.
- Though a lot of complex taste and flavor notes be observed according to the processing season, you can find a hint of Lemongrass, jasmine like sweetness smell and a nutty caramelized like after taste which develops gradually and lingers in your throat for a long time. We recommend you to brew our teaneer minimum 4 times with the same leaves as lots of flavors open up in the second and subsequent brews.