Teaneer Handcrafted Black Tea
25Grams - Handcrafted and sun-dried Black Tea
₹ 350.00 / Piece
Available Qty. 25 Piece
Category Farm Produces Others
Seller Vijayalakshmi Natural Farms
Added On 04-Apr-2018
Updated On 13-May-2018
As per quality production standards Black Tea, is produced where the raw leaves are intentionally oxidised more than 80%. The processing involves a very critical withering stage which consist of both physical and chemical mellowing which takes about 16 to 18 hours depending on the ambient humidity and temperature. This withering stage imparts a natural sweetness to the black teas and a very distinct flowery fresh aroma.
Teaneer Black teas are whole leaf healthy teas produced out of the unopened apical bud and the first and second tender leaves, the critical withering and subsequent bruising stages are carefully monitored by our tea masters working these leaves. Each batch carries with it its own distinct characteristics of flowery notes in the orchard accentuated further due to the withering, the soil humus as well as the season specific taste and smell imparted by the salubrious Nilgiri weather. This is a high altitude garden situated about 6600 to 7200 feet.
The withered and delicately bruised leaves are gradually dried by alternate rounds of ball rolling and subsequent wok firing with painstaking care taken not to break the leaves. The teas attain a wiry twist to it in the process and the final leaves are sundried and packed on the 3rd day of processing.
As against machine made teas which are graded according to their leaf sizes, due to major breakage and tear due to the intense mechanized processing, handcrafted Teaneer teas never undergo any kind of breakage during the processing and subsequent sundrying. Apart from minimal breakage during handling the dried teas in packaging the Imperial Pluck opens up in your brewer as we had plucked it in the plant.
- The optimal distribution of the antioxidants and flavonoid components of tea is mainly found in the Apical Bud and the first 2 leaves. The more mature leaves does not carry much of these healthy nutrients. Whole leaf teaneer brings you the most healthiest tea as our pack consist only of these imperial pluck.
- Theanine is a unique component in its natual form found only in Tea. Theanine is a natural stress reliever and a caffeine regulator. Due to its combined effects with caffeine it provides you a with wakeful alertness for a long time in times of high stress work.
- Catechins in the raw tea leaves are broken down to thea-rubigin and thea-bromine black, which categorised as dark tea has proven benefits for digestion.
Tea brewing is a very individualistic experience, there is tea to everyones palete and we encourage you to explore your unique brew by varying the temperature and timings, however the below guidelines can get you started if you are new to teaneer.
- Teaneer is as good as the water you use to brew, soft water without any added chlorine
- Bring water to an initial bubble boil on a stove and immediately stop (approx 75 Celcius / 165 Fahrenheit) and allow it to cool ( approx 70 Celcius / 155 Fahrenheit)
- In a brewing vessel take about 3 grams of teaneer green leaves and spread it on the bottom.
- Pour the hot water prepared earlier over the leaves and allow it to steep for 3 Minutes
- Strain the brewed tea onto serving cups or other container (Completely drain the water in the brewer)
- After the first brew the teaneer leaves has just opened up and it can be brewed a couple more times with adding water with the same temperature as initially used in your first brew.
- Though a lot of complex taste and flavor notes be observed according to the processing season, you can find a hint of Lemongrass, jasmine like sweetness aroma and a nutty caramelized like after taste which develops gradually and lingers in your throat for a long time. We recommend you to brew our teaneer minimum 3 times with the same leaves as lots of flavors open up in the second and third brew.